Friday 20 December 2013

Top 10 Drugstore Beauty Products For 2013


Hi ladies,
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like 2013 went way to fast? Anyways, for today's post I will be sharing with you my personal top 10 favourite drugstore beauty products that I found this year. 

In no particular order, lets get started:



Real Techniques Makeup Brushes
Holy cow, how much hype have these brushes had over the past year? Well it was all worth it because these are the best makeup brushes I am yet to come across. If you live in the states then these brushes are super affordable, not so much for Aussies but you can buy these from iherb for RRP. These brushes come individually (well some) and also in sets, I literally could talk about them all day without saying one negative. 
NYX Round Label Lipsticks
The next products are the NYX round label lipsticks. At the beginning of the year I wasn't a huge lipstick person mainly because I had never really found a brand that sold affordable nice options. One day I placed an order on Cherry Culture and bought one of these lippies. It was one of my wiser choices, I absolutely love the consistency and how they don't dry out my lips. If you don't own one of these, seriously stop reading this and go buy one or maybe all of them? 

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
I actually have a whole review on this product already on my blog so you should check that out! Just quickly though, I love this product and it is one of my many favourite drugstore concealers. Stay tuned for a whole concealer post coming soon!

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream
Another massive trend this year was the introduction and expansion of the BB and CC creams. Im sure you are well aware of what they are but incase your not sure they are basically a light coverage foundation, like this Maybelline one they do also offer a bunch of other good things like SPF. I chose to put this particular BB cream in this post because it was the only one I found that didn't look cakey and also it felt the lightest on my skin. 

Maybelline Colour Tattoos 
This year seems to be the year for Maybelline? Like the BB creams another uprising I noticed this year was the cream shadow market. Most brands do offer cream shadows but these Maybelline ones are by far my favourites! My favourite shades are the ever so popular "barely branded" and "bold gold." These work as an excellent base for other shadows, cream liners or simply just to be warn on their own. These are a necessity in all makeup collections. 

Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivid Lipsticks
Last Maybelline products I swear! These lipsticks are just like the NYX ones, these being slightly less loved by me because of the difference in price. These are creamy and extremely pigmented, they also offer sooooooooo many shades so there is bound to be one you will love!

Chi Chi Glamourous Nudes Palette
Nudes palette or Urban Decay naked 1? You decide, but this palette has been given so much love this year from the Aussie beauty community for its obvious duplication qualities. As of now we can't access Urban Decay directly so this is a great option and has been one of my favourite products this year, hence it being in this post! Also drugstore eyeshadows can often be bad quality but Chi Chi never fail to let me down!     

Revlon Just Kissable Balm Stains
Do these products even need an introduction? Oh and if you have managed to read down this far I commend you, I promise i'm nearly finished! Another trend this year seems to be the whole chubby stick lip crayon contraption thingos. These products come is once again soooooo many colours and are just all round great. The price is a little bit frightening but hey you are paying for awesome quality. 

Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara
Seriously if you don't own this or haven't heard about it crawl out from that rock you are under and go buy it! This is hands down the best mascara for anyone of any age as it is easy to apply, adds crazy lengths and the best part is NO FREAKING CLUMPS! 


Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
The final product is the Rimmel stay matte pressed powder. This powder is super nice for keeping you matte (although it doesn't last long) and also for adding a flawless look to your face. It is finely milled which is nice when applying it as it makes your skin feel super duper soft. Once again this is a makeup collection must and if you don't own it I would seriously recommend it!

Thats it for today's post! Check back tomorrow for a new one and also let me know what is on your top 10 list!

No comments:

Post a Comment