Friday 16 August 2013

Essence 50's Girl Reloaded Collection

Hi my beauties, it has been so long since I posted but from now on I promise have a new post up every Friday. Today's post is going to be a overview of the new to Australia essence 50's girl reloaded collection. 

Before I even begin I think we need to take a minute to discuss the amazing packaging on the products! This sort of high quality packaging I certainly didn't expect on such low priced items. 

This is a brief overview of the entire collection.



The collection has 3 eyeliners that are very nicely coloured. What I mean by that is they aren't to bright and out there so you can get a lot of use out of them as every day products. Like all essence eyeliners they are pigmented and apply nicely. TIP: To maximize the application of this eyeliner quickly (and I mean for like 1 millisecond) light the end of the liner with a lighter. Wait a little for it to cool down and your product will be amazingly smooth. 

The next item that the collection has is this double ended shadow brush. My local Target was out of these brushes so I can't really give an accurate review of how soft they are ect. I can say though that two sided brushes have there advantages and disadvantages. Some of those being that it is amazing to travel with as you get 2 brushes with out having that extra space take up but if you are using it for every day use they are hard to store. This meaning that when you put it in your brush holder one end will get  crushed. I don't know about you but that really irritates me. 

Essence or MAC? Come on, you can't say the packaging isn't almost identical to some of MAC's white limited edition lip sticks right? When the cap is on these lip sticks have a round almost bullet looking shape which once again makes them look high end. These lip sticks are highly pigmented but I must say essence could of released more than just to shades. I feel most people would have a pink and a nude lipstick in there collection already so they wouldn't really need to buy these. I would of loved to see some more colour selections.


Like the brush my store was sold completely out of the nail polish so not much of a review can be done. Judging from the picture it seems to have nice colours but the one that stands out it the white. I always have difficulty finding white for nail art so well done essence for making a white.

There is also a face powder in the collection, I did't feel this product needed a review as to me a powder is just a powder and this was the same price as the Rimmel Stay Matte powder when its on sale so I would just recommend that! 




The last thing in the collection is 3 eyeshadow duo's. Oh my goodness the packaging on these is amazing and can we talk about the fact that the have a mirror? I think a mirror is an amazing thing to have in a shadow as it makes it perfect for traveling and touch ups through out the day. The pigmentation of these shadows is OK. I was not thrilled by the darker colours as they have a lot of fall out but the light colours apply nicely. Over all I think having only 2 colour in a set was good as you get a lot of the shadow rather than squeezing in 4. Also it's nice how the colours all complement each other so you could have just one and create a look or have all and create a look.



No comments:

Post a Comment